Secretary-St. Martin’s Lutheran Church
Under the direction of the Pastor or Congregational President, performs clerical duties, assists with worship preparations, and maintains official church records and performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Telephone operations.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Prepares the monthly newsletter.
- Assists with worship preparations and prepares weekly and special worship bulletins.
- Prepares and maintains official church records, baptisms, confirmations, weddings, funerals, and communion.
- Maintains church roster on a monthly basis.
- Carry out detailed written and oral instructions to help perform the activities of the church.
- Deal with day to day office interactions in an effective and discreet manner.
- Order all office, worship and janitorial supplies as needed.
- Greeting visitors and directing persons to appropriate parties within the church.
- Perform office recordkeeping using standard practices.
- Cooperate with others on group projects and develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Communicate in all interactions in professional manner.
- Be willing to support the congregation’s mission and ministry.
Skills and Requirements:
- Meet church security requirements-background check.
- Be a Christian with a strong commitment to following Jesus Christ and making Disciples of Christ.
- Relate to people of all ages, with a passion for assisting each person to grow in their faith.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries.
- Exhibit organization and leadership skills that support the church ministry.
- Exhibit communications skills including computer and social media skills that support the ministry.
- Computer operations including word processing and data entry using Microsoft suite software.
- Operate office equipment.
Additional information and Benefits
The Secretary is supervised by the Pastor or Congregational President. Employment issues will be discussed with the Mutual Ministry Council and the Pastor. The Secretary position is a part time salaried position, averaging 12-16 hours per week. Some remote work may be possible. The church will allow for continuing education opportunities. The Secretary will be reviewed annually by the Pastor and Mutual Ministry.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by January 2, 2024 to the Mutual Ministry Team: Peg Bjorlin, Zach Gericke, Greg Whitacre via email to firstname.lastname@example.org